You may know us for helping our clients start, run, grow, protect, and profit, but did you know we also foster our internal relationships in the same way?
A career at Morse is one that begins with a warm and welcome ‘start,’ sees that new hires get up and ‘running’ with an in-depth onboarding and integration process, promotes ‘growth’ at every level and from every position within the firm, provides ‘protection’ in the form of excellent benefits and a work/life balance, and allows a clear path to a ‘profitable’ professional life.
Morse is currently seeking a full-time Patent Paralegal to join the Intellectual Property, Patent Practice in the Firm’s Waltham office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Regular and predictable schedule consistent with a hybrid work environment is an essential function of the job. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Preparing and filing of all prosecution documents related to US and PCT applications, corresponding with foreign associates regarding all aspects of foreign prosecution, and timely reporting of official correspondence
- Preparing formality documents including but not limited to Declarations, Assignments and Powers of Attorney
- Preparing and filing Information Disclosure Statements and satisfying Duty of Disclosure requirements in various countries
- Processing incoming correspondence from various Patent Offices and reporting the same
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate required
- 3+ years of US and foreign patent prosecution paralegal experience required
- Advanced computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficiency in CPI and IPDAS preferred
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment are a must
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently and to meet deadlines
- Initiative, flexibility, resiliency, and a willingness to adapt to change
- This position’s hours are flexible
Qualified applicants please send resume and cover letter to:
Brian McTague, Director of Business Operations
480 Totten Pond Road, 4th Floor
Waltham, MA 02451
Senior Corporate Associate
Morse is currently seeking a highly skilled, senior-level corporate associate to join the Firm’s Waltham office.
Successful candidates will have:
- 7 – 10 years of experience representing clients in a range of corporate, securities and business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, financings (debt and equity) and general corporate matters
- Experience with formation and funding of emerging growth companies, private equity investments, general corporate counseling and a wide variety of transactions
- Demonstrated ability to first-chair transactions both in terms of drafting and negotiation
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Commitment to provide high quality client service
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger collaborative team and to mentor and develop less experienced team members
- Experience in a robust corporate law practice required
- Strong academic credentials
We offer the ability to grow and thrive in a law firm platform designed for attorneys with long-term professional development aspirations.
Interested candidates may send a resume and cover letter to:
Brian T. McTague, Director of Business Operations
480 Totten Pond Road, 4th Floor
Waltham, MA 02451
All resumes held in strictest confidence.
Direct applicants only, no recruiters please.
Our fast-paced, friendly work environment requires a committed team player with good judgment, initiative, and versatility. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Morse’s Waltham office is conveniently located directly off of Route 128 in the “CityPoint” area of Waltham, MA. This area offers plentiful amenities, including free covered garage parking, onsite gym and cafeteria, and multiple dining and shopping venues. Our Boston office is located at 50 Milk Street, a 5-10 minute walk from the MBTA’s Red, Green, Blue, Orange and Silver Lines.
Morse is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex or gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
COVID-19 Resource Collection
July 21, 2022
2017 – 2020 M&A Deals
Mergers & Acquisitions:
A Transaction Recap
February 11, 2021
2020 VC Deals
A Snapshot of Venture
January 28, 2021
Morse Announces 2021 Attorney Elevations
January 01, 2021
Morse Holiday Greetings
Our E-Cards Through the Years
December 08, 2020