Charlie is a Senior Attorney in the Firm’s Corporate Practice Group. He concentrates his practice on technology, life sciences and other emerging companies.
Charlie’s representation of companies spans the entire corporate life cycle. Beginning with pre-incorporation planning, choice of entity, and formation, Charlie’s guidance continues through debt and equity financings, day to day corporate matters (outside general counsel), and ultimately the execution of an appropriate exit strategy, whether an acquisition, merger, or other transaction providing liquidity to stockholders. A complementary component of Charlie’s practice is his representation of venture capital investors in connection with their investments in early-stage companies.
Prior to joining Morse, Charlie was a member of the Business Law Department and of the Technology Companies Group at Goodwin Procter LLP.
- Represented F-Prime Capital Partners and Polaris Partners as lead investors in Quartet Health’s $40 million Series C equity financing.
- Represented Varsity Tutors, an online tutoring company, in its $50 million Series C equity financing led by Learn Capital.
- Represented Proteostasis Therapeutics, a developer of drugs for cystic fibrosis and other diseases, in its $50 million initial public offering of common stock on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented Intellify Learning, an education data management and analytics solutions provider, in its sale of a control interest to Weld North Holdings, LLC.
- Represented the underwriting syndicate in Nivalis Therapeutics, a pharmaceuticals company focused on treating people with cystic fibrosis, in its $88 million initial public offering of common stock on the NASDAQ Global Market.
- Represented Foodida, a fast food delivery app, in its incorporation, Series Seed and Series A equity financings.
- Represented Vascular Biogenics, a biopharmaceutical company focused on treatments for cancer, in several of its follow-on public offering and the establishment of its at-the-market facility.
- Represented Iora Health, a health care operating system, in its $28 million Series C equity financing.
- Represented Ultivue, an early stage life sciences tools company, in its $5.15 million Series A equity financing.
- Represented CRISPR Therapeutics, a company developing gene editing technology, in its joint venture partnership with German drug maker Bayer.
Outside the office
A lifelong New Englander and admittedly irresistible to its charm, Charlie lives in an antique farmhouse in Weston, MA with his wife Molly, son Brooks and two Golden Retrievers.
An avid sailor and certified SCUBA diver, Charlie is happiest on the water – whether racing in local regattas, bareboat cruising in the Caribbean or chasing Striped Bass on Cape Cod Bay.
When the seasons change, Charlie can be found alpine skiing, hiking, playing bogey golf or seeking a bit of solitude puttering around in the family barn-turned workshop.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D.
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges, B.A.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Public Company Representation
- Startups & Emerging Companies
- Venture Capital