Did You Know?
We represent clients in 41 countries around the globe, providing the core legal services businesses need to succeed.
We help our clients ensure the protection of their copyrighted assets, whether in the form of software or traditional writings, graphic art, sculpture or other expressive media.
Our services include:
- Federal registration of copyrights, including in software code, websites and traditional works.
- Drafting and negotiating license agreements for copyrighted works.
- Auditing websites for legal compliance in a rapidly changing environment.
- Advising on copyright fair use and infringement issues.
- Drafting and negotiating publishing, collaboration, ghost writing and literary agency contracts.
- Negotiating settlement agreements with the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) or Business Software Alliance (BSA) in response to allegations of illegal music downloading or software infringement.
- Ensuring that our clients’ agreements with independent contractors capture the rights sought in the work product.
- Helping clients navigate state publicity rights and defamation issues.
- Advising universities on copyright policies and application of the TEACH Act.
- Analyzing critical copyright and publicity right issues for a videogame producer.
- Preparing a collaboration agreement for a humor writer and illustrator.
- Assisting a publisher of children’s books resolve an infringement of one of its author’s song lyrics by a major toy company.
- Helping an author decommission a web site making unauthorized uses of his text and artwork.
- Advising a publisher on proper use of third party jokes and epigrams.
- Counseling a local college on its intellectual property policies, with particular regard to the copyright treatment of different types of content.
- Direct Dial
- Morse Announces 2021 Attorney Elevations
January 1, 2021
- 2019 VC Deals
A snapshot of venture
February 19, 2020
- How to Prepare for Counterfeiters, Whether You Sell on Amazon.com or Not
The Treacherous World of Online Marketplaces for Consumer Products
November 7, 2019
- Trademark Attorney Stacey Friends Joins Morse
August 22, 2019
- Amanda Schreyer Joins Morse as Counsel
August 25, 2017