Did You Know?
Morse's affiliation with LawExchange International provides our clients with access to local counsel in 29 countries around the world.
We negotiate and draft all agreements commonly used in the computer industry and on the web, including:
- SaaS and cloud computing contracts;
- Software development, license and support agreements;
- Outsourcing and professional services agreements;
- Database publisher and subscriber arrangements;
- Distribution, OEM, VAR, sales agency, and joint venture agreements;
- System acquisition and integration contracts and equipment leases;
- Employee confidentiality, invention and non-competition agreements.
We counsel clients concerning patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets in connection with computer technologies and we assist in the prosecution and registration of associated rights.
We represent U.S. computer and software companies in international relationships and transactions in many countries, including:
- Joint ventures, teaming arrangements and offshore licensing;
- Manufacturing, procurement and research and development operations;
- Establishment of subsidiaries, overseas investments and repatriation of profits;
- Distributorship termination disputes; and
- Advice on international intellectual property protection.
- Serving as general counsel to a venture-backed micropayment technology company, and advising on corporate structure, licensing and financing matters.
- Assisting a developer of newspaper advertising management systems in shifting from a licensing to a software-as-a-service model.
- Counseling a developer of e-learning software platform in licensing its software to multiple publishers.
- Acting as general counsel to a developer of assistive technology for the reading-disabled, from its spinout from a bankrupt speech recognition company until its sale to an educational software publisher.
- Representing a multi-billion dollar foreign pension investment fund in contracting for storage and emergency back-up services and secure cloud-based services for critical software applications.
- Direct Dial
- Morse Wins Appeal on Behalf of Client
March 4, 2020
- 2019 VC Deals
A snapshot of venture
February 19, 2020
- The Trademark Company, LegalZoom & Other Online Services
Online forms are no substitute for legal advice
October 3, 2019
- Trademark Attorney Stacey Friends Joins Morse
August 22, 2019
- How to Prepare for Counterfeiters, Whether You Sell on Amazon.com or Not
The Treacherous World of Online Marketplaces for Consumer Products
November 7, 2019
- Leading To a Better Educational Experience with EvoText
From negotiating with The College Board to forming a product entity and beyond, Morse has helped this educational software leader build custom eLearning solutions for schools, publishers, and businesses.