Matters handled by our Business Litigation Group include complex commercial litigation involving breaches of contract, unfair trade practices, breaches of fiduciary duty, fraud, misrepresentation, theft of trade secrets, licensing violations, ongoing corporate and partnership management or operational disputes, and dissolution issues.
We also regularly handle disputes arising out of mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies, including defending against plaintiff strike suits seeking to enjoin a sale and post-closing indemnity claims or breach of warranty claims, and are highly experienced in handling individual actions, derivative actions, and class actions.
Our litigators are experienced in the representation of foreign and international clients in U.S.-based state and federal court litigation having represented clients from Germany, China, Italy, and Australia in such disputes. Our litigators also team with an international group of law firms with offices in countries that cover 80% of the world’s GDP so that they can seamlessly provide litigation services to our domestic clients who find themselves involved in litigation or adversarial proceedings in other countries.
- Health care provider in breach of contract actions.
- Private equity fund in dispute over management and control of portfolio company.
- Seller in post-closing indemnity claims brought by a Fortune 200 company.
- Buyer in post-closing indemnity claims concerning breaches of representations and earn out issues.
- Private equity funds in SEC investigations.
- Seller and board of directors in five class actions challenging sale of public company in the seismic exploration space.
- Seller and board of directors in five class actions challenging sale of public company in the health care space.
- So You’ve Been Served with a Complaint, What Now?
June 10, 2021
- Morse Welcomes Litigation Associate Paige Zacharakis
September 14, 2020
- Morse Wins Appeal on Behalf of Client
March 4, 2020
- Top 7 Tips for Handling Internal Investigations
March 2, 2020
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting Litigation
January 21, 2020