Summer Angel / Entrepreneur Panel – Pitfalls, Perspectives and Possibilities of Angel Investments
July 16, 2015 — Thursday
4:00 pm — 5:30 pm
WhereCIC - Cambridge Innovation Center, 1 Broadway, Havana Room, 5th Floor, Cambridge, MA, 02142
Are you considering launching a business but question whether it would get funded? Do you know if bootstrapping, seeking angel investments or going the VC route makes the most sense for you? What is the most effective way to contact potential investors and communicate the value proposition of your business?
With the proliferation of angel groups in the Boston area over the past several years, it has become increasingly challenging for entrepreneurs to navigate the process of raising money from angel investors. Better understanding the angel network and process can be extremely helpful to entrepreneurs as they go through this process.
Please join us for a lively discussion with our distinguished panel of angel investors and entrepreneurs which will address:
- What criteria do angels use when considering an investment in portfolio companies? How do they evaluate startup business plans?
- How should entrepreneurs prepare when targeting various angel groups?
- What common mistakes do companies make during the due diligence process?
- How can angels add value to their portfolio companies?
- How can entrepreneurs engage the angel investors in companies and make use of their expertise once an investment has been made?
- Exit strategies – how have the exit expectations of angel investors changed over the past several years?
In addition, an overview of Q1 2015 Series “A” deals and current trends with respect to venture capital financings will be presented.
Come hear the panel’s thoughts on these and other issues pertinent to entrepreneurs
and then network in the Venture Café at 5:30pm.
Scott Bleier, Senior Attorney, Morse