David brings over 40 years of experience in providing legal services for complex business and project financings. During his career, he has represented a wide range of businesses, non-profit organizations, and investment funds.
David works closely with the Firm’s clients to successfully complete many kinds of financings and related transactions in connection with undertaking business acquisitions and major capital improvement projects, and with raising working/investment capital. His work encompasses lead representation and comprehensive transaction management on behalf of borrowers for all types of secured and unsecured credit facilities.
After beginning his career as an attorney with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) where he negotiated comprehensive development and financing agreements for multi-stage “new communities” projects, Dave went in-house as assistant general counsel for a prominent national real estate development company. While there, he focused on the comprehensive rezoning and institutional refinancing of the company’s largest project. Prior to joining Morse, David practiced for over 20 years at a major Boston firm, concentrating on complex financings.
- Represented a private equity fund client in undertaking acquisition financing and ongoing working capital financing on behalf of several target or portfolio companies in various industries.
- Represented a Boston-based global travel and cruise ship company in its refinancing of a $45 million term loan and working capital credit facility with several banks.
- Represented a Cambridge-based client in negotiating and completing a $15 million term loan facility with a publicly held real estate investment entity, in order to expand nationally the client’s business of providing office space and related facilities to start-up entities.
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D. and Business School, M.B.A.
- Wesleyan University, B.A.
- Massachusetts Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated Lawyer,