Series A Venture Capital Financing: A Review of 2014 and What to Expect in 2015
March 5, 2015 — Thursday
4:00 pm — 5:30 pm
WhereCIC - Cambridge Innovation Center, 1 Broadway, Havana Room, 5th Floor, Cambridge, MA, 02142
Entrepreneurs are faced with many difficult decisions when starting a new business enterprise. Foremost amongst them is how to finance the early stage operations of the business. For those entrepreneurs contemplating a venture capital investment, several important questions need to be closely considered, including: What is the proper valuation for my business? What percentage of my company should I sell? How much control should I relinquish? What is the proper composition of my Board of Directors?
We have gathered a panel of seasoned venture capitalists that will discuss these and other issues and will share invaluable insight to entrepreneurs preparing for a fundraising.
Please join us for a:
- Presentation and review of data regarding 2014 Series A financing activity and preferred stock terms.
- Discussion of VC/start-up trends in the Boston market including valuations, deal terms and “hot” industries.
- Review of “Dos and Don’ts” for entrepreneurs starting businesses and seeking venture capital investment.
- Forecast of financing activity for 2015.
- Open and interactive Q&A session with panel of experts.
Come hear the panel’s thoughts on these and other issues pertinent to entrepreneurs and then network at the Venture Café after our program.
Scott Bleier, Senior Attorney, Morse
Luke Burns, Partner, Ascent Venture Partners
Rob Go, Cofounder, NextView Ventures
Paul Flanagan, Managing Director, Sigma Prime Ventures
- Direct Dial
Scott R. Bleier
- Scott R. Bleier