Dr. Stanley F. Chalvire is a Registered Patent Attorney, specializing in patent prosecution, licensing of intellectual property and related counseling. Stan advises clients in developing and implementing strategies to protect their intellectual property, with a particular focus on clients in the life sciences industry.
Stan counsels clients with respect to the preparation and prosecution of utility patents and design patents, the evaluation of intellectual property portfolios and regulatory exclusivity matters. Stan also supports clients’ domestic and international licensing initiatives by conducting in-depth due diligence evaluations and by negotiating and drafting a variety of license, development and supply agreements.
Prior to beginning his legal career Stan practiced as a Registered Pharmacist in both clinical and retail settings, advising physicians and patients with regard to the optimization of drug therapies, the identification and resolution of drug-drug and drug-disease state interactions, and performing drug utilization reviews.
Boston Patent Law Association (BPLA)
Panelist, Show Me the Money: Bio Bucks, Royalties and Other Payment Structures in Strategic Alliances
Speaker, Cocktails & Conversation with Life Sciences Industry Leaders, Mass Innovation Labs
Panelist, Encore Event! Strategic Alliances: Pot of Gold or Pretty Poison? – Life Sciences Series
Panelist, Strategic Alliances: Pot of Gold or Pretty Poison? – Life Sciences Series – Panel 4
Presenter, Intellectual Property Approaches to Safeguard Value, a Med DevGroup Boston forum
Presenter, Legal Perspectives on Conducting Business in the U.S., swissnex Boston
Presenter, ABC’s for Life Sciences Entrepreneurs: From Start-Up to Exit, CIC series
Presenter, Pharmaceutical Patent Protection and Enforcement Conference in Baltimore, Maryland
Presenter, Power of Trade Secrets: When Not To Patent Your Invention, Med Dev Group
Quoted, Long-standing trademark question before Supreme Court, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
Improved Forecast for IP Harvest: Gathering Seeds from USPTO Memo on Vanda
Sandoz Inc. v. Amgen Inc.: Supreme Court Clarifies BPCIA Provisions
Supreme Court Denies Sequenom’s Petition to Clarify Scope of Mayo in Sequenom v. Ariosa
Global Medical Device Regulatory Strategy
A Tangled Web of Post-Patent Expiry Royalty Obligations
United States Completes Hague Agreement Deposit For Industrial Designs
Massachusetts Enacts Biosimilar Substitution Law
News & Events
COVID-19 Resource Collection
July 21, 2022
COVID-19 Alert: Prioritized Examination Pilot Program
USPTO Announces COVID-19 Prioritized Examination Pilot Program
May 11, 2020
Inventor Rights Act Proposes to Grant Certain Rights to “Inventor-Owned” Patents
February 6, 2020
Improved Forecast for IP Harvest
Gathering Seeds from USPTO Memo on Vanda
September 4, 2018
Celebrating Innovation and Evolution:
Patent Practice 10th Anniversary
November 2, 2017
Show Me the Money: Bio Bucks, Royalties and Other Payment Structures in Strategic Alliances
April 3, 2019
Cocktails & Conversation with Life Sciences Industry Leaders
October 11, 2017
Encore Event! Strategic Alliances: Pot of Gold or Pretty Poison?
June 28, 2017
Strategic Alliances: Pot of Gold or Pretty Poison? – Life Sciences Series – Panel 4
April 28, 2017
Money and Molecules: Early-Stage Life Science Financing
March 30, 2017
- Represented Oscient Pharmaceuticals Corporation in its $78 million purchase of the U.S. rights to the cardiovascular drug Antara (fenofibrate) from Reliant Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented Oscient Pharmaceuticals Corporation in its acquisition of worldwide rights to Ramoplanin from Pfizer Inc. subsidiary Vicuron Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Represented Agrivida, Inc. in its research alliance with Syngenta Ventures to develop advanced crop technology and provide Agrivida access to Syngenta crop technology and intellectual property.
- Represented ETEX Corporation in its sale to Zimmer Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Curadel, Inc. in its in-licensure of imaging technology from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- Represented ProQR Therapeutics B.V. in its in-licensure of technology from Massachusetts General Hospital for the treatment of cystic fibrosis.
- Represented Virgin Pulse, Inc. in its in-licensure of trademarks from Virgin Enterprises Limited.
- Represented MacSpeech, Inc., a provider of speech recognition software, in its sale to Nuance Communications.
- Represented Outside The Classroom, Inc., a provider of the largest online alcohol prevention course AlcoholEdu®, in its sale to EverFi, Inc.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, B.S., Pharm.D.
- Massachusetts Bar
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office