An experienced member of the Firm’s Corporate Practice Group, Dan’s practice is focused on guiding his clients, which range from emerging and middle-market companies to family businesses and entrepreneurs, through corporate governance, employment matters, strategic commercial transactions, equity and debt fundraising activities, and mergers and acquisitions. Dan’s mergers and acquisitions practice focuses primarily on the technology and life sciences industries.
Dan advises lower to mid-market private equity funds and family offices in connection with their investments, the management of portfolio companies and leveraged “roll-up” transactions. He also represents lenders in complex finance transactions, including senior, second lien, venture debt financings and mezzanine financings, on an asset-based, recurring revenue and cash–flow basis.
Dan is a member of the Firm’s Corporate, M&A, VC, and Commercial Debt Financing practices. Prior to joining Morse, he was Of Counsel in the corporate group of an international law firm.
Panelist, The DealMakers Virtual Event, 2020
Capital Formation Reform, The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation (December 21, 2011)
Outside the office
In his leisure time, Dan enjoys playing board games with his wife, Nicole, his son, Max, and his daughter, Isabelle. He is also an enthusiastic artisan bread baker, and stays current on world events by regularly reading The Economist.
News & Events
2019 M&A Deals
Mergers & Acquisitions:
A Transaction Recap
February 24, 2020
2019 VC Deals
A snapshot of venture
February 19, 2020
Attorneys Elevated to Member and Senior Attorney
January 3, 2019
Morse Pleased to Welcome Senior Attorney Daniel J. Blanchard
April 11, 2018
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in a $25 million joint venture transaction with a contract research organization.
- Represented a manufacturing company in a $2.5 million strategic acquisition of a luxury towel brand.
- Represented a car dealership conglomerate in multiple dealership acquisitions and dispositions for aggregate considerations ranging from under $1 million to over $5 million per transaction.
- Represented a venture capital-backed technology company in a $5 million strategic acquisition of specialized social media platform.
- Represented a global private equity and alternative assets investment firm in miscellaneous subscription credit facilities and portfolio company loans.
- Represented a SBIC fund in miscellaneous ABL Credit facilities supporting portfolio company roll-up transactions with various sponsor relationships.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Tufts University, B.A., magna cum laude
- Massachusetts Bar
- Commercial Debt Financing
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Startups & Emerging Companies
- Venture Capital
2021 Top Lawyers – Boston Magazine