Our experience includes:
- Advising clients as to privacy and data security issues in the United States and abroad, including issues involving the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and EU-U.S. data transfer mechanisms (including the “standard contractual clauses” issued by the European Commission).
- Developing for our clients privacy policies and information management best practices.
- Counseling clients with respect to state data security and breach and disclosure laws, including the Massachusetts data security regulations.
- Representation in the context of Federal Trade Commission investigation of privacy practices and in the negotiation of FTC Consent Orders.
- Providing guidance as to compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), as well as to state privacy and data security laws relating to minors and the use of K-12 student data (particularly for clients in the digital games, mobile applications, and online education areas).
- Advising clients on privacy and data security issues in the context of licensing transactions, including negotiation of strategic alliances, support and maintenance, professional services, software as a service (SaaS), hosting, development, and other intercompany relationships.
- Counseling employers on workplace privacy issues such as the monitoring of email and computer systems, employee use of electronic devices, employee drug testing, background checks, and workplace searches.
- Direct Dial
Client Alert: The New Data Transfer SCCs
Deadline To Incorporate New EU Data Transfer SCCs In New Contracts Approaches - September 27, 2021
September 23, 2021
Client Alert: CCPA Compliance
Required Updates to Privacy Policies
June 15, 2021
Client Alert: Standard Contractual Clauses
European Commission Adopts New Standard Contractual Clauses for Data Transfers
June 08, 2021
Client Alert: Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act
Virginia Follows California Lead on Data Protection—With Narrower Scope
March 08, 2021
Morse Announces 2021 Attorney Elevations
January 01, 2021
IP News: 6(b) Orders Issued
FTC Issues 6(b) Orders to Social Media and Video Streaming Services
December 18, 2020
Client Alert: Cybersecurity Improvement Act of 2020
IoT Baby-Steps: The Feds Enact Cybersecurity Improvement Act
December 15, 2020
EU Regulators Crack Down on Taking Cookies from the Cookie Jar
How the EDPB's Recent Consent Guidelines May Affect Your Business's Website
July 16, 2020
Client Alert: Privacy Shield Decision
Transatlantic Data Flows Face Stormy Seas: Privacy Shield Invalidated - Standard Contractual Clauses Viable for Now
July 16, 2020
The California Consumer Privacy Act
Five Ws and an H
January 23, 2019
Webinar: Operationalizing Standard Contractual Clauses
Event Date: August 26, 2021 1:00 pm
Privy’s Platform Empowers Marketers and Helps Businesses Grow
December 14, 2017
Morse supports Privy's legal needs – from financing to privacy policies - so Privy can focus on empowering marketers to build more customer relationships, faster.