An experienced corporate and business attorney, Mary Beth’s practice focuses on representing technology-based companies from formation through liquidity event.
Her practice includes advising clients with respect to angel financings, venture capital financings, and mergers and acquisitions. She also provides general corporate advice to her clients on such matters as capital structure, corporate governance, shareholder agreements, equity and executive compensation, licensing agreements, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and other intellectual property matters. In addition to representing companies, Mary Beth also represents venture capital funds and other institutional investors in connection with their investments in portfolio companies.
Mary Beth is a former member of the Firm’s Management Committee and its Associate Committee, and previously chaired the Start-up and Venture Capital Practice Group.
- Represented Koya Leadership Partners, a search firm focused on non-profits, in connection with its sale to Diversified Search
- Represented Cytel, a global provider of software and services to the life sciences industry, in connection with its acquisition of Axio Research
- Represented Philips, a global healthcare technology company, in connection with its acquisition of Medumo.
- Represented Blue Earth Diagnostics, a molecular imaging diagnostics company, in connection with its sale to Bracco Imaging.
- Represented ZiipRoom, Inc., an innovative developer of productivity and connectivity software for meeting rooms, conferences and devices, in connection with its sale to Bose Corporation.
- Represented Continuum Innovations LLC, a global innovation design firm, in connection with its sale to EPAM Systems, Inc.
- Represented Silverlink Communications, Inc., a proven leader in engagement management technology for healthcare organizations, in connection with several rounds of venture capital financing from investors including Sigma Partners and HLM Venture Partners, and its ultimate sale to Welltok.
- Represented Azimuth Systems, Inc., a leading provider of automated, real-world mobile performance test solutions, in connection with several rounds of venture capital financing from investors including North Bridge Venture Partners and Kodiak Venture Partners, and its ultimate sale to Anritsu.
- Represented Aveksa, Inc., a leading provider of business driven identity and access management solutions, in connection with its sale to EMC.
- Represented Prospectiv Direct, Inc., a leader in online performance marketing, as general outside counsel and in connection with its sale to Affinion.
- Represented Pixtronix, Inc., a creator of multimedia display screens, as general outside counsel, in connection with several rounds of venture capital financing and in connection with its sale to Qualcomm.
- Represented Entagen, LLC, an informatics company offering semantic search and navigation software and customer development services, as outside general counsel and in connection with its sale to Thomson Reuters.
- Represented Kepha Partners, a Boston venture capital firm focused on pre-seed, seed and Series A companies, in connection with its investments in various portfolio companies.
- Represented Help Scout, a provider of help desk support for businesses, in connection with venture capital financings from investors including the Foundry Group and Converge.
Moderator, M&A Transaction Readiness, 2019 VC and M&A Forum
Panelist, Funding Environment in New England, The Startup Coalition
Panelist, Legal Skills Bootcamp for the Transactional Attorney, Massachusetts Bar Association
Moderator, M&A Transaction Readiness, 2018 VC and M&A Forum
Panelist, Trends in the Funding Environment in New England, The Startup Coalition
Speaker, Management Carve-Out Plans in M&A Transactions, Boston Bar Association
Panelist, Venture Backed M&A: Special Considerations, American Bar Association
Guest lecturer at Tufts University
Guest lecturer at Babson’s MBA program
Panelist, Shattering the Bamboo Ceiling, The Business Coalition / Showa Boston Institute
Speaker, Raising Money From Friends and Family - How to Do it Right, The Enterprise Center at Salem State University
Outside the office
Mary Beth is a long-time Patriots fan (Brady is innocent) and Red Sox fan. Outside the office, Mary Beth enjoys running, skiing and spending time with her family at locations such as the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland.
News & Events
- 2019 M&A Deals
Mergers & Acquisitions:
A transaction recap
February 24, 2020
- 2019 VC Deals
A snapshot of venture
February 19, 2020
- 2017 M&A Deals
A sampling of the year's M&A transactions
February 26, 2018
- 2017 VC Deals
A sampling of the year's venture capital transactions
February 20, 2018
- 2016 M&A Deals
A sampling of the year's M&A transactions
February 14, 2017
- New England School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Tufts University, B.A., magna cum laude
- Massachusetts Bar
- Licensing & Strategic Alliances
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Startups & Emerging Companies
- Venture Capital