With over 15 years of extensive transactional experience, Dave is exceptionally proficient in guiding clients through a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, venture capital financings, joint ventures, and entity formations.
Dave’s experience also includes a strong background in taxation and finance, which allows him to bring an uncommon perspective to structuring transactions and creating equity structures from both a tax and an economic perspective.
From start-up venture through ultimate exit, Dave’s practice includes a special emphasis on advising companies on a wide range of legal matters, including formation, taxation, capitalization, equity incentive plans, employee compensation, corporate governance, and securities issuances.
Moderator, Alternatives to M&A: Recaps, Generational Transfers, ESOPs, Targeting a Single-Buyer & More, XPX New England
Panelist, Stepping Away from the Closely Held Business, Massachusetts Bar Association
Moderator, M&A War Stories: Unexpected Challenges and Creative Solutions, XPX New England
Panelist, S Corp Redemptions: Characterization, Tax Consequences Post-Tax Reform, Application of Sections 302 and 301, Strafford
Panelist, Should Venture Capital Take Another Look at The Use of Alternative Entities, ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting 2018
Speaker, Meeting of the Venture Capital Financing Subcommittee, ABA Business Law Section Spring Meeting
Panelist, T&C’s Made Simple, 2018 VC and M&A Forum
Panelist, Early Stage Funding, MassChallenge Bridge to Rhode Island Bootcamp
Presenter, Venture Backed M&A Waterfall Analysis: Understanding the Impact of Preferred Stock Terms on the Allocation of Transaction Proceeds, Morse
Speaker, Choice of Business Entity and Tax Basics, Babson College
PPP Fund Exhausts; Important PPP Update for Partnerships and LLCs, COVID-19 Alert
An Overview of the Golden Parachute Payment Rules
Tax Reform and Choice of Business Entity, Xconomy
Limited Application of Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing in Earn-outs
News & Events
COVID-19 Resource Collection
July 21, 2022
2021 VC Deals
A Snapshot of Venture Capital Transactions
February 22, 2022
2021 M&A Deals
Mergers & Acquisitions: A Transaction Recap
February 22, 2022
2017 – 2020 M&A Deals
Mergers & Acquisitions:
A Transaction Recap
February 11, 2021
2020 VC Deals
A Snapshot of Venture
January 28, 2021
2019 VC and M&A Forum
May 2, 2019
Corporate Venture Capital: Unique Opportunities and Special Considerations for Startup Companies
May 3, 2018
2018 VC and M&A Forum
March 29, 2018
Issuance of Founders’ Equity: What’s the Right Slice of Pie?
December 7, 2017
Behind the Curtain: An inside look into the operations of VC firms
November 7, 2017
- Represented Pharmalucence, Inc., a manufacturer of human injectable pharmaceuticals, in connection with its sale to Sun Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented erecruit, LLC, an emerging leader in enterprise staffing software and vendor management systems, in connection with a $25M capital raise, led by North Bridge Growth Equity.
- Represented Noteflight, LLC, an online community dedicated to reinventing the way people create, share and use written music, in connection with its sale to Hal Leonard Corporation.
- Represented Pixtronix, Inc., a developer of multimedia display screens for phones, tablets and laptops, in connection with its sale to Qualcomm, Inc.
- Represented Hastings Equity Partners in connection with its acquisition of a controlling interest in Artexoma Logistics, Inc., a provider of fluid management services to oil and gas production companies.
- Washington University School of Law, J.D. (Order of the Coif)
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
- Clarkson University, B.S.
(graduated with distinction)
- Massachusetts Bar
- Executive & Professional Representation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Investment Funds & Advisers
- Startups & Emerging Companies
- Tax Planning for Business Transactions
- Venture Capital