With over 15 years of extensive transactional experience, Dave is exceptionally proficient in guiding clients through a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, venture capital financings, joint ventures, and entity formations.
Dave's experience also includes a strong background in taxation and finance, which allows him to bring an uncommon perspective to structuring transactions and creating equity structures from both a tax and an economic perspective.
From start-up venture through ultimate exit, Dave's practice includes a special emphasis on advising companies on a wide range of legal matters, including formation, taxation, capitalization, equity incentive plans, employee compensation, corporate governance, and securities issuances.
- Represented Pharmalucence, Inc., a manufacturer of human injectable pharmaceuticals, in connection with its sale to Sun Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented erecruit, LLC, an emerging leader in enterprise staffing software and vendor management systems, in connection with a $25M capital raise, led by North Bridge Growth Equity.
- Represented Noteflight, LLC, an online community dedicated to reinventing the way people create, share and use written music, in connection with its sale to Hal Leonard Corporation.
- Represented Pixtronix, Inc., a developer of multimedia display screens for phones, tablets and laptops, in connection with its sale to Qualcomm, Inc.
- Represented Hastings Equity Partners in connection with its acquisition of a controlling interest in Artexoma Logistics, Inc., a provider of fluid management services to oil and gas production companies.
Panelist, Stepping Away from the Closely Held Business, Massachusetts Bar Association
Moderator, M&A War Stories: Unexpected Challenges and Creative Solutions, XPX New England
Panelist, Should Venture Capital Take Another Look at The Use of Alternative Entities, ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting 2018
Speaker, Meeting of the Venture Capital Financing Subcommittee, ABA Business Law Section Spring Meeting
Panelist, T&C's Made Simple, 2018 VC and M&A Forum
Panelist, Early Stage Funding, MassChallenge Bridge to Rhode Island Bootcamp
Presenter, Venture Backed M&A Waterfall Analysis: Understanding the Impact of Preferred Stock Terms on the Allocation of Transaction Proceeds, Morse
Speaker, Choice of Business Entity and Tax Basics, Babson College
News & Events
- 2019 M&A Deals
Mergers & Acquisitions:
A transaction recap
February 24, 2020
- 2019 VC Deals
A snapshot of venture
February 19, 2020
- 2017 M&A Deals
A sampling of the year's M&A transactions
February 26, 2018
- 2017 VC Deals
A sampling of the year's venture capital transactions
February 20, 2018
- M&A Today - July 2017
July 13, 2017
- Washington University School of Law, J.D. (Order of the Coif)
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
- Clarkson University, B.S. (graduated with distinction)
- Massachusetts Bar